JOIN OUR TEAM
Be part of Ontario’s homeschooling history.
As a disciple of Christ, you have been tasked to steward your gifts, resources, and experiences.
- Have you been praying that God would bring opportunity?
- Do you have a heart to serve on Ontario’s leading Christian homeschooling organization?
- Are you a paid member of OCHEC?
If so, we would love to have a conversation about how you can join our team.
Convention Publicity Job Description & Duties
Our conventions are a service to the homeschooling community – both homeschooling families and vendors Publicity through an assortment of media will provide pertinent details in a manner to encourage both interest in homeschooling and attendance at this event. The position requires experience with marketing and the ability to work with the OCHEC teams – convention, website, newsletter and office. Proficiency with marketing & image production programs, media platforms, and scheduling is vital. Duties include establishing a schedule of marketing initiatives, championing marketing options, and provision of ‘ready to issue’ marketing materials to the teams, on a timely basis.
Convention Facility Coordinator Job Description & Duties
All contact with the facility regarding facility usage* leading up to the convention and during the convention will be through this person. Duties include:
- ensuring # of rooms required have been assigned
- video/powerpoint usage for rooms are arranged
- establish use of loading docks with assistance of vendor co-ordinator
- signage put up for all rooms and hallways
- review cleanliness of hallways/washrooms
*Convenors make initial contact with the facility and will have some intermittent as required contact. During the convention the facility coordinator greatly assists the convenors as a go-to person for any facility related questions.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
All our leaders need reliable, trustworthy support. Our Executive Director is certainly no exception. This is a unique position, matching the visionary (Executive Director) with administrative skills (Administrative Assistant) for the purpose of helping to carry out OCHEC’s vision and mission.
Contact Heather: email@example.com
This position, in many ways, is the voice of OCHEC by maintaining phone, email and mail connections. Other duties include membership registrations, Board meeting secretary as well as ongoing communications within the OCHEC organization. This requires part-time hourly commitment. Compensation to be determined. Communication skills will be tested daily by a variety of incoming requests. Proficiency in WORD, EXCEL, and ACT! is vital. Homeschooling background essential to understanding the needs of our members and portraying OCHEC accurately to the general public.
NOTE: This position may be separated into several functions. If you see yourself in part of this position, please consider contacting us.
Convention Registration Job Description
Registration will be handled online and at the door. Financial accuracy and trust is of utmost importance. Proficiency in EXCEL, WORD, printing are vital.
- ensuring registration fee options accurately presented on marketing and media sites
- preparation/preprinting of name tags identifying name/day attending
- registration table on-site (tables/chairs/printer provided)
- supervising registration volunteers on-site (volunteers can be of your network)
- distribution of tags and convention booklet to attendees on arrival
- handling on-site registrations (data, tags, printing, deposits)
- twice daily bank deposits on site days.