OCHEC Annual Convention
May 3 & 4, 2024
Be informed, encouraged & connected
HOMESCHOOL WITH CONFIDENCE & SUPPORT
COME TO A CONFERENCE
Want to sign up for the e-Newsletter?
Phone & Email
Phone: (519) 608-2332
To encourage Support Groups, use your support group coupon code to access a $5 discount.
PPM 131 - Homeschool Law
PPM 131 is an important policy memo that informs Ontario School Boards and schools how to communicate with homeschooling parents and the policies related to excusing children from school who are receiving homeschooling. You can learn more about it on our PPM 131 Page.
Be informed and keep up to date of the Ontario homeschooling environment. Subscribing to OCHEC emails and newsletters provides access to the latest articles and promotions, and information on upcoming events! (No membership is required.)
As a disciple of Christ, you have been tasked to steward your gifts, resources, and experiences. Have you been praying that God would bring opportunity? Do you have a heart to serve on Ontario’s leading Christian homeschooling organization? OCHEC has been praying too! We would love to have a conversation of how we could join in this.
CLICK HERE to apply as a volunteer. Please note that only members of OCHEC can apply for volunteer positions.
Board and Staff
Jake Zwart – Executive Director
Heather Zwart – Administrative Assistant & Board Member
Ian Dutschek – Chairman & Board Member
Nathan McLaren – Treasurer & Board Member
Michael Thiessen – Board Member
Sara Enns – Bookkeeper
“Thank you once again for your help with the supporting letter as well as with connecting to a local group. Your role and the organization you support couldn’t have been more important, especially today, to so many families.
Thank you for your dedication.
I hope to stay in touch.”
“My friend homeschooled through high school. My frame of reference for recommending homeschooling is her daughter. She is a mature, thoughtful, and wise young woman who has a strong Christian faith and knows how to think.”
We’re glad you found us! We are a network of homeschoolers that’s been around a long time!
Need a Mentor? Are you struggling?
Need to talk to someone who understands homeschool life? Call our OCHEC office at 519-608-2332.
Heather would love to connect you to an OCHEC Mentor that can help!
New to homeschooling? Contemplating what to do and how to start? Give us a call.
Networking for members and potential members
- God honouring place to connect & discuss home schooling issues
- Encourage relationship in support groups to strengthen families and maintain homeschooling
- Area reps assist in connecting new families and encourage support group building
- Provide letters of confirmation as needed for external institutions
Conventions – Capture/renew the ‘Vision’ of homeschooling
- Vision encourages longevity in home education
- Meet many like-minded people
- Learn new ways of “homeschooling
- Connect with vendors
- Discounts for members
Communication – With you and with the Public
- Website – Q & A, articles, research + additional info for members and support leaders
- Facebook – for leaders & for homeschoolers
- Newsletter – bimonthly (currently as often as volunteers can issue!)
- Published Material – starting/ high school/learning challenged/ HS 101/convention sessions
- Provide speakers for your events
- Provide some financial support for your events
- Attend/participate in various events around the province & nationally to inform others about home education
OCHEC Member Benefits
Perks & Discounts
Your annual OCHEC membership gives you tons of perks and benefits to help you homeschool with confidence. From our Educator’s Circle Rewards and Perkopolis discounts, to savings on printing, curriculum and events, membership truly has its rewards!
Leader Support & Training
OCHEC provides Support Group Leaders with one-on-one personal support, mediation services, training workshops, and an annual Leadership Symposium designed to ensure homeschoolers have a strong local support network.
From the Executive Director
Just as the Christian faith is not a journey to be walked alone, we believe that Christian homeschoolers need healthy connections and relationships to truly thrive in their homeschool journey. We invite you to join this community by becoming an OCHEC member today.
Jake & Heather Zwart
Executive Director and Administrative Assistant